The INTERCEPTOR™ Optical Network Security System, the industry-leading device for Alarmed Carrier and Alarmed-Armored PDS, will be featured in several exhibits at TechNet Augusta, September 9-11. INTERCEPTOR provides real-time monitoring of classified network infrastructures to detect intrusions or tampering without impacting network bandwidth. INTERCEPTOR is the best overall value for compliance with cable infrastructure security requirements and has been deployed extensively to:
- Replace Type-1 encryption devices & COMSEC management for OSP links between buildings
- Retro-fit or replace legacy Hardened PDS to eliminate daily inspections, increase security and improve facility aesthetics
- Retro-fit or replace legacy Alarmed Carrier PDS to eliminate false alarm issues and integrate alarm response technologies
INTERCEPTOR is also ideal for Passive Optical Network (PON) environments and was selected for the Secure PON Network Modernization Project at Army's NETCOM HQ at Ft. Huachuca as well as 100% of US Government Secure PON deployments to date. Secure PON combines the benefits of a Passive Optical Network (PON, GPON, EPON) with the cost savings, enhanced security and operational advantages of the INTERCEPTOR Alarmed-Armored PDS™. Leveraging flexible interlocking armored optical cables and customized hardened enclosures, INTERCEPTOR provides the following benefits:
- Elimination of Exposed Horizontal Raceways
- Elimination of Daily PDS Visual Inspections
- Rapid Scalability and Reconfiguration of Networks
- Enhanced Security and Information Assurance
- Easy Moves, Adds and Changes
- Support for Multiple Network Classifications
- Combined PON + PDS Cost Savings Up to 80%
INTERCEPTOR will be featured in the Secure PON exhibits of Tellabs (Booth #603) and CommScope (Booth #418).
In addition, Telos Corporation (Booth #519) will be demonstrating the integration of their SE7EN NetAlert software with INTERCEPTOR, an advanced tool for infrastructure alarm-response management.