The INTERCEPTOR™ Intelligent-PDS™ will be featured at the AFCEA International Cyber Symposium next week in Baltimore. Telos Corporation is focusing on the emerging Passive Optical Network (PON) solution with INTERCEPTOR securing the network infrastructure (Secure PON). Telos will be demonstrating their SE7EN NetAlert software integrated with INTERCEPTOR, an advanced tool for infrastructure alarm-response management. Trusted Systems is focusing on INTERCEPTOR integration with their secure IPS Container and TEMPEST solutions for physical access and protection of classified networks.
Secure PON (S-PON) delivers the immense cost savings and feature benefits of Optical LAN technology combined with the best-of-breed infrastructure security of INTERCEPTOR Alarmed-Armored PDS™. Leveraging flexible interlocking armored optical cable to enable concealment of the Protective Distribution System (PDS) allows for SIPR connections to be deployed to any location within a facility rapidly, and at a low cost.
The SE7EN NetAlert from Telos Corporation is an interactive, software based, touch-optimized network infrastructure monitoring tool that integrates with INTERCEPTOR to allow network managers to monitor and protect the physical security of their network infrastructures for S-PON and other network architectures.
INTERCEPTOR has been chosen for 100% of US Government Secure PON deployments because of it’s technical and operational advantages over competitive technology, making it uniquely capable of addressing the flexible S-PON zone architecture requirements, including:
- The patented ability to directly monitor single mode fibers – the standard fiber type used in GPON cabling. .
- Ample dynamic range to protect more than the standard 32 end-user drops in a single GPON zone using a single monitoring port (or zone). This means that a 4-port INTERCEPTOR can protect up to 4 or more GPON zones (or over 128 users); using standard fiber connectors and patch panels, surpassing competing models with 8 ports which have a fraction of the dynamic range of an INTERCEPTOR.
- Enables the construction of the monitoring circuit within the zone with low-cost, easy to install mechanical connectors or splices (other systems relying on reflective termination devices, require an inconvenient, difficult to modify, all-fusion spliced circuit in order to extend to multiple drop locations).
- The ability to change the length of the zones, for instance when moves, adds or changes are required, without the need to reconfigure the physical placement of the cables in the alarm system or to reprogram the alarm management system.The patented ability to automatically learn the ambient state of the network infrastructure to prevent nuisance alarms, and to relearn when conditions change without monitoring downtime, and without manual assistance from factory certified personnel required on the job site.
- The ability to quickly, easily and securely integrate the INTERCEPTOR directly to existing network management systems or custom software solutions using SNMPv3 traps.
- Capacity to capture event log information without an external PC attached to every alarm unit, and the ability to send a daily health report of the systems and the physical network. This is important for Information Assurance and future inspection audit requirements.
Please visit us at the following exhibits, where we will have staff available along with our partners to answer your questions:
We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore!